I don’t know why you say goodbye. I say hello.
Oh dear, I’m quite certain you’ve all given me up for dead, but I’m very much alive. It’s just that I’ve been terribly busy gestating and entertaining a two-year-old. You know how it goes.
I’ve not stopped reading, at least. Let me tell you a little of what I’ve been up to during my long radio silence.
- Room by Emma Donoghue
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- The Lazarus Project by Aleksandar Hemon
- Stories from the Blue Moon Cafe edited by Sonny Brewer
- Dear American Airlines by Jonathan Miles
- Moving to Higher Ground: How Jazz Can Change Your Life by Wynton Marsalis
Some of these books I enjoyed quite a lot and one or two not so much. I’ll fill you in on the pertinent details in upcoming posts.
And so, since I’ve missed it all, I hope you had a lovely Columbus Day, Halloween, Reformation Day, and All Saints Day. Holla.